Four months passed since the budget of SKINER was coming to an end.
We knew it was coming, the end of 7.5 wonderful years here in Columbia MO.
We had to decide what's ahead of us.
For years Arik has this dream about us, sailing a yacht for half a year, like our best friends Ety and Meir. I shared this dream with him for about ten years...
But, I did (do) have my own, a much older one. Traveling on a camper for months. Kind of another life style experience, meeting new people, moving from one spot to the next one in a new pace, slower one, no rush, enjoying nature, staying in a place you like as long as you like it, and moving on when you feel that time came.
This was my opportunity to fulfill this dream! Years ago, I told Arik that before we pack our things, after our American Adventure will come to its end and we'll go back to Israel, we will do it! We will make my dream come true!
I must say that in a way he objected it... understandable concerning his own dream. But then, he joined me... in full volume! As always, when he has a mission - he dedicates himself to it up to the very last detail.
When I asked him what made him change his attitude, the answer was "I realized there is no contrast between our dreams! First of all, we can plan to do them both and secondly I came to the conclusion that traveling and living on a travel trailer is about the same as sailing a yacht but on dry land".
No comments:
Post a Comment